Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day #164 - Pick-up Artist

I took my car in for a service today and Sheryle was good enough to pick me up from the shop, take me to work and get me back to my car after work even though it was completely out of her way.

Sheryle constantly surprises me. She is 2 years away from retirement, which she likes to mention often (me thinks she is looking forward to it) and most of the time she is reserved and mature as one might expect; Then she will say or do something clear out in left field and out of no where that raises the eyebrows a bit.

I remember one time I asked her if she could be anything she wanted to be in the whole world, what would it be and she answered SUPER quickly "a helicopter pilot"...HUH? Really? I suggested we should look into how much it would cost to take a helicopter ride around town and maybe we could give it to her for a retirement gift someday, she answered (again SUPER QUICK) "it costs $99 dollars". Whhhhaaat? You know that? She hasn't gone on a ride yet, but...someday.

Sheryle has a bum knee and will limp a bit when it is sore. Yesterday her husband called her and I picked up her phone since she was away from her desk. He told me he was going to send me a song to play within Sheryle's hearing and wait and see what happens. The song is a camp song called something like "there was a bear". Anyway, when Sheryle got back to her desk I opened the link and turned up the sound on my speakers. That song was barely through the first few bars and she had jumped up and moved around to my cubicle so fast saying adamantly over and over "no, no, no Heather, turn it off!!"  I was almost scared (the good kind of scared). Apparently she hates the song because it stays in her head all day. At the rate she moved - I have to wonder how bad that knee can really be...? That was a funny day.

Another time in a department meeting our boss Jonathan asked us each to share our favorite movie. Jonathan tends to misinterpret things sometimes and the person before Sheryle mentioned how they like Will Smith, the actor, and any movie he is in. Well Sheryle said she liked "The Black Stallion" and Jonathan said - you mean Will Smith? We all just looked at him for a minute and then busted out laughing - who hasn't heard of the movie "The Black Stallion"? Both Jonathan AND Sheryle still get teased about that at times.

Sheryle is my movie critic and is constantly giving me orders on what I should watch on the instant play netflix feature and we both LOVE to watch "Castle" on Monday night. It is usually one of the first things we discuss on Tuesday morning. "this should have happened"..."can you believe he??"..."And then she"..."I knew the brother didn't do it"..."really? you knew?"...on and on.

Anyone at the office would have taken me to get my car - I am blessed to work with great, generous people, but Sheryle took me today and for that...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts" Author unknown

1 comment:

  1. She sounds awesome and like a lot of fun. I love that her husband sent you a link to that song. Pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete