Monday, March 21, 2011

Day #155 - CoolPix

WHEW HEW!!! I FOUND MY CAMERA!! Argh - I have been going crazy not knowing what happened to it. Since I started this blog I have been carrying my small camera around in my purse and I was beginning to think I had left it somewhere. I looked EVERYWHERE! Wouldn't you know it was in the last place I looked (what a silly term - of course it was!!).

The funny thing is I wasn't looking for it when I finally found it. I figure I had loaded a bunch of stuff in my "car bag" that I wanted to cart upstairs and then when I was "cleaning" I stuffed the bag in a hidey hole (side table). A few nights ago I was looking for my Bible of all things, Travis and I were arguing (well, having a spirited discussion) about the end of the world so I thought to make my point by pulling out the Book of Revelations, and there was my camera.

I am mainly relieved because Travis was giving me those impossibly irritating looks - you know, the kind that accompany a small head shake. He would ask every few days "Have you found your camera yet?" WHY did I have to tell him I had lost it in the first place? If only I had played it cool for another several weeks (it was missing for quite a while) I would have avoided all those questions.

...now where did I put that Bible?

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Constructive criticism is a stupid concept. To construct means to build up. To criticize is to tear down. Pick one. You can't do both at the same time." Larry Winget

My Camera...Yeah.
I am going to try much harder
to incorporate more photos into this blog
so it isn't so STALE. Even a
boring photo is better than no photo.

2 comments:

  1. First off your blog is not stale.
    Second off HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!!
    Third, really?, there is not a place for constructive criticism??? I don't think I believe that. I do like that quote though....I like it a lot.
    Congrats on the find...what a relief. Looking forward to the amazing pics you are going to be snapping and posting. What happened to your professional grade camera? I know you have told me.....but you know us Dana's....can't recall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...I had 2nd thoughts about the quote. I do feel, though, that sometimes people hide behind "constructive criticism" as an excuse to simply criticize. Kind of like a back handed compliment...

    My "professional grade camera" is still around, but it doesn't fit in my purse and the small lense doesn't work. I took it in to get it fixed and they told me it would almost be cheaper to get a new lense and I haven't gone to get that yet. Bigger, it turns out, is not necessarily better...HB

    ReplyDelete