Monday, March 14, 2011

Day #150 - Dear Diary

I have zero idea what to write tonight. I actually have been sitting here at post #150 with my head on my crossed arms running through my day for the last 20 minutes...so you get a Dear Diary day...

Dear Diary -

Today I got to work late-er than usual since I had to stop for gas and REALLY wanted to sleep in this morning, but I decided NOT to take a lunch to make up for it...UNTIL Kay suggested I tag along with her to see her new house. Hmmmm...OK. We had a grand time joking and laughing and the house is really coming together - so proud of and happy for her - then we hit subway for a sandwich. Heck...we might as well sit down even though we used up our lunch hour - so we joked around some more.

Back at the grindstone I worked hard to get caught up and had ANOTHER hour long conversation with this transferee who simply WILL NOT face reality...The conversation always goes something like this:

"Transferee - the average value of the 3 appraisals came in at $228K - we can list your home in the $250K's since both agents suggested this price point, but after the first few weeks, and obtaining agent and buyer feedback, we will need to consider getting closer to the buyout value."

"No - I am NOT giving my house away just so the Company can buy it for the outrageous sum of $228K and then sell it two years later for $250K."

HUH???

"Transferee...You can choose NOT to sell your home to the Company, frankly they don't WANT to buy your home. This is a generous program made available to you so you can move your family within a reasonable time frame and not end up with a home that won't sell and two mortgages while being separated from your wife and children. The buyout value is JUST a SAFETY net and the WORSE CASE SCENARIO. Also, FYI, the company will NOT be marketing your property at $250K if they buy it for $228K - this is not a money making proposition for your company - they will spend thousands of dollars to get you where they need you to be."

"Well, I won't take less then $250K for the home. I NEED at LEAST that to make the move to the new area OR I CAN'T MOVE."

This went on for EONS and I finally had to tell him that, while I understand what he is saying and I hear how difficult this situation is for his family, it unfortunately doesn't matter what he wants or even what he needs - the BUYER sets the market value on his home. If a Buyer won't pay $250K for his house (including his company) then the house will NOT sell. Then I assured him we will do EVERYTHING we can to aggressively market his home and get the BEST POSSIBLE price for it.

I can't tell you how hard this conversation is to have over and over again all year long...this housing market BLOWS CHUNKS!!! I don't mean it is hard for me either (although I often feel like the devil or the messenger about to be shot) - these families really struggle to keep it together and it has been difficult for so many of them.

After my very arduous (wink) 6 hour work day, I left right at 5:00 and went to the gym...I FINALLY WENT...it must be a miracle.

So, all-in-all, it was a good, productive day with a little bit of everything in it...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it" Charles R. Swindoll 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I talk to some of these people and feel VERY grateful I don't field your calls (o: We should compare lists of people we hope to never transfer again (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked hearing about your day. Great time to be selling a house huh?

    ReplyDelete