Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day #142 - Turning a Page

Today is March 1st - The first day of a new month. One of my favorite things to do is turn the page on my calendars. I get a new family calendar page and a new scenic page on my office calendar. It is like pushing the button in the elevator or choosing a fortune cookie; there is a certain anticipation in turning the page on the calendar.

Maybe there is something I like about a new month that also feels like a new beginning. There are no inked in appointments on the page yet - it is just blank space waiting to be written with the odd day here or there set aside as special by permanent print - a Birthday, an Anniversary, a Holiday.

I was thinking today about how to make every day matter as opposed to just getting through another Tuesday without falling too far behind, or making a mistake, or eating too many crackers (I got hungry today) and it occurs to me that maybe that is what I am doing right now. I guess my point is - something amazing doesn't have to occur every day for the day to matter...sometimes all I need to do is turn the page.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back." Harvey MacKay

3 comments:

  1. Great quote. Yes, I like the fresh calendar page as well. I really hate the day planner I have right now though. The monthly calendar page is way too small, it is unsatisfying. I keep thinking I should just throw in the towel on this one and purchase another for the year.....but that is wasting, I have not been able to bring myself to go through with it. So I keep up the awkward struggle with this lameo one. Every day is amazing.....love every day. Even if we love that it is over and that we made it through all that we needed to do. I love that also.....making it past an event that is pressing or important. I just made it through my Thursday body sculpt class w/out having to rush out to the bath room! Hallelujah! My arms are still shaking so bad. Today was a tough arm day. Make it a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A daily planner is such an important thing - If I hated it, I would consider getting a replacement...give the old one to Mc - she will love to play with it. I can't believe you have managed to work out, aggressively even, while sick; Good for you...Any excuse not to for me...

    ReplyDelete