Monday, February 28, 2011

Day #141 - Good Idea...

Today was idea day. I had so many people ask me how I was doing after being absent for 3 days last week and my canned response was "much better, not 100% yet". I received some GREAT quick fix ideas from various people.

Sheryle suggested I call the doctor and get cough syrup with Codeine to kick the constant cough attacks.

A lender I work with often suggested an essential oil that she swears relieves her cold symptoms. She just rubs it on her hands and smells them often throughout the day.

An agent in the office told me to get some Emergence "C" from whole foods. It is a powder to mix with water into a "green" drink that is full of antioxidants and a ton of vitamin C to knock out cold symptoms and assist with a quick recovery.

My sister suggested herbal tea with honey, which I am working on right now.

So many great ideas - I can't wait to try them all...I'm game!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go farther than a great idea that inspires no one." Mary Kay Ash

6 comments:

  1. I love thera-flu! And I also have access to some oils if you're thinking you wanna try some... I joined up on DoTerra so I can get the oils for my neck and back wholesale, instead of waiting to go through jackie every time... I'm surprised your Dr. didn't give you a heavy duty cough syrup already, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT! And last thing, if you didn't get one already, an inhaler!!!! Good luck!

    I think that we will be seeing you guys soon, Golden was working with Trav to get some programs on your computer. Not sure if he was able to do that by phone, but I know he said he wanted his hair cut also. So depending on how you feel and when we move the rents.... Maybe this weekend or first part of next week? Keep in touch, Love you Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sipping tea w/ honey as I type....what did you think?? Any luck w/ any of it? I am most curious about the smelling hands one....really? Who knows maybe it could work.
    K what do you mean by "move the rents"...renters? whose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far just tried the "Emergen-C" - jury is still out. I haven't got the oils yet, but Keri, I am open to trying it. I do have an inhaler, but don't get much relief from it. The tea with honey thing is good for temporary relief...I think time is really the key.

    M - "move the rents" is youngster slang for "Move the Parents" (c'mon - I thought you were more hip than that :). Mom and Dad will be closing on their new house next week - we will be moving "Dad's junk" yet again, but Mom and Dad have been there for every move all of us have done - it is payback time.

    Pretty cool to have so many comments to read...Thanks for checking in Bear - we have missed you. HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heth, only my hair is hip. I just got on an antibiotic for my cough. Now I have raging diarrhea. If it is not one thing it is another. I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Although I am glad you got your meds!!!

    ReplyDelete