Monday, February 21, 2011

Day #136 - Snow Thrower

I meant to blog last night, but my computer shut down on me to re-configure or something...bother. Anyway, as I was thinking about what to write, I asked Travis what he was grateful for today and without any hesitation he said "Snow Blower". Huh. I think I mainly take the snow blower for granted because Travis is actually MY snow blower and I am certainly grateful for that.

I think I may have blogged something about this before, but I am too lazy to look if I wrote about being responsible for blowing the snow away for a few months last season after Travis had shoulder surgery. It really is an amazing thing to push all that snow around with very little effort. I only ever hit a car with snow once....they were cool about it and gave a laughing wave as they drove by...schwew.

Travis is out there right now taking care of the snow this morning. He never acts put out by it and does it so naturally without me even thinking about it that I forget to realize how wonderful it is. This is truly one thing I never have to think about if he is well enough to handle it. Here I sit cozily waiting for him to finish outside while he is busily and happily moving snow around in his long johns and jeans. What a relief and I am so glad I get to take this opportunity to publicly recognize his efforts.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The aim of the great leader is not to get people to think more highly of the leader. It's to get people to think more highly of themselves." Bob Moawad

1 comment:

  1. Man, I read that quote all wrong the first time and it made me chuckle...I just interpreted it backwards....but that would not be a great leader now would it? We spent the day baby sitting a bazillion friends, and the rest of the day at the beach, along with the rest of the entire city of satellite beach. I don't remember going when there was not one parking spot. We were parked on every stretch of free space. Jam packed for the "holiday". Did you have the day off?

    ReplyDelete