Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day #128 - Less Salt

I am on day #128 of my 365 days of gratitude posts and have felt lately like I am running out of things to be grateful for. I think I lost my head for a minute there. I was just sitting on the couch in the family room running through my day wondering if there was ANYTHING I could post about that I haven't already used and immediately came up with about 4 things...I choose the Car Wash.

Today I filled up gas and put my car through the "gentle touch" cycle. It seems more like the "slap the car with rubber, careful of the side mirrors" cycle. I have been waiting for the weather to clear up a bit to get it done and today decided my black coat was white enough from accidentally leaning against it to get the groceries or take out the garbage, etc. It actually made me itch to look at my car with how deep the salt was on it. One friend even asked me why my white car had gray spots on it - not really, but my car is silver and that is how covered in salt it was.

It seemed growing up we would wash our cars at home a lot, but my Dad always carried around these coupon books for the Slim Olson's car wash in Bountiful. He would drive up to the car wash put the car in neutral and it would move forward on its own with just the push of a button. I would pretend I was under water and the scrubbers were fancy sea animals. It was especially easy to imagine the strips hanging from the ceiling swishing back and forth was an octopus. It seems to me we would all joke it was eating the car.

I love the calm feeling of sitting in a car wash. Maybe it is the sound of the water, the silence between the soap spray and the scrubbing action or the fact that I get to sit and do NOTHING for a few minutes and receive such a huge payoff in return - It always feels like my car drives better when it is clean. I know I feel better when it is.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Energy rightly applied and directed can accomplish anything" Nellie Bly

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I remember those car washes....BIG events. I don't feel calm driving through those car wash things.....yikes, am I lined up, what if I am off the track too much, maybe that will pop the tire, oh my gosh, I hope those rubber slappers don't break off the antena, or even damage the car in some way....geeeeze is this thing almost done? man that is just too expensive. We just need to wash at home. Hense, I believe I have actually been through once my entire adult life. I like the sound of your way better.

    ReplyDelete