Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day #127 - Super Bowl Recap

I have run into some computer problems at home. Yesterday I took the computer box into the vendor's office and he immediately started to up sale me to a new desktop computer...sigh. I told him to call Travis as I want nothing to do with it. We called late yesterday to get an update and were told it may be 3 more days before they can get to it.

We do have a laptop computer, but it is also slooooowww. PLUS, I took lots of good photos at the Super Bowl Party (from Keri's camera, since somehow I lost mine..again - and NO it is not in the Bracket) and couldn't get them to upload to my desk top OR the laptop. DOUBLE SIGH. Keri promised to post them instead.

So today I am doing a quick post at work...I am on lunch break...The Super Bowl party was fun, but NUTZ. The kids actually did really well, but it was noisy and distracting at times. The funnest part was keeping track of the games - we played the "pick a square" game that relates to the score at the end of each quarter; every time there was a score someone asked "whose square is that?" The prizes weren't FABULOUS, but they were still prizes and everyone wanted to win.

The food was also very good. One surprise was the fruit went faster then the chips...maybe not faster, but I was surprised the kids dove in wholeheartedly on the strawberries and clementines. I was pleased. The meatballs and mom's bacon wrapped smokies were delicious and Keri brought up beef stew....It was SOOOO Good. Of course there were all kinds of chips/dips and cheese.

The game was LOOOOONG, the commercials were OK, the half-time show only good because I people watched the whole time and afterward the whole family disappeared within 15 minutes, which was fine because I was exhausted.

I do have one regret - I went up to the loft to download Keri's photos and Avery came up (my 5 year old niece) and started to tell me some story about Indiana Jones that I "uh huhed" and "Oh'd" through without really paying attention. I thought later that I missed an opportunity to get to know her better because I didn't stop, look and listen for a few minutes, but chose instead to remain unfocused and unpresent in the moment. I really feel bad...mostly for myself, especially because I have made a conscious decision to be more aware and present. I obviously need to try harder and am grateful for the blatant recognition of the missed opportunity.

All-in-all the Super Bowl bash was a success.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so yummy and fun. Yeah, the Avery thing....that is a tough one. Have to be vigilant daily, I do the same thing here. Some days I choose the better part....some days I have those regrets and "get to make a new ending" the next day.

    ReplyDelete