Friday, February 25, 2011

Day #139 - Good 'ol Desktop

While I appreciate the hi-tech gadgets of our era including the various laptops on the market, I have to say I love the good 'ol desktop computer.

I think the desktop is the type writer of today. I don't doubt that someday the desktop computer will go the way of the typewriter. In its place the laptop & ipad will reign supreme as the NEW desktop; and typewriters will be sitting in their generational space at some museum waiting for the desktop to join them on the historical milky way.

I was finally able to pick up our desktop from the computer shop on Thursday afternoon - it is so good to have it back. A few years ago I was DYING to get my hands on a laptop of my own. So I mentioned it to Travis and he got me one for my birthday one year. I actually love it, but it seems to be developing bugs of its own. The interesting thing is...we both preferred the laptop until we set up the "official" desk space in the loft. Apparently the claustrophobic computer cabinet is not as enticing to type at as an open desk area.

Regardless, it feels good to have the computer back, the hard drive restored, the solid click of the keyboard, the big box humming away at my feet...things are working like a charm again.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "After all is said and done, more is said than done." Larry Winget

3 comments:

  1. cheers to the whole space thing! We spent 4 hours at Ikea two weeks ago figuring out what kitchen table to get, and then what desk top to use, etc. We moved the desk out of Seerie's room and into the family space and you know it feels so good! It cleared space in her room, and now it feels so much more enticing to log on to that computer..... I just might switch over right now! lol. We also got a smaller, higher bar table so now we have A TON more space for Ser to crawl around. Still lots to organize, however, already the cleared space feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote H. K, I can only imagine you and G at Ikea.....4 HOURS! Glad that you found some space saving solutions. I can't picture the high bar table....how does that give Seer more room to crawl....you mean under the legs right? That is cool....like a hide out area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, wanna take my computer to the shop for me? Haha!

    ReplyDelete