Friday, March 18, 2011

Day #153 - Girlfriends

My Debi came into town from CO last night. I picked Debi up from the airport last night, kidnapped her back to my house and kept her over night ALL TO MYSELF!! The last few times she has come to UT I have seen her at family parties or in 10 minute increments and it is difficult NOT to feel jipped.

When Deb comes to town she is always stretched thin trying to catch up with her family AND her friends, so I try not to add to the pressure, but next week is my Birthday, so I decided THAT was my present and refuse to feel bad about it.

The extra bonus is Kim is in town from MA as well to do hair. I was able to eat dinner with Kim on Tuesday night and it was refreshing to JUST be with her. It was great to just focus on us and not worry about the "boys" this time.

I am realizing more and more how important it is to spend time with friends; specifically one-on-one time. This isn't to say I don't like hanging out with my friends and their 2nd halves - I DO - I just don't get to spend a lot of time with girlfriends (especially since they keep moving on me) and it always feels lighter being with someone who gets you.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you! Happy you have such excellent strong women friendships! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete