Monday, March 28, 2011

Day #161 - "CLICK"

I just started listening to a new book on tape. I bought it at the "I Can Do It" conference that I met my two lovely friends (Debi and Kim) at last May. Truly my kind of trip - we hung out TALKING all night long after attending classes/workshops during the day taught by various authors. It was really just a huge book fair, but I learned a lot and met one of my favorite authors and got to take one of her classes, plus I got to learn about some other authors that I am now reading as well. It was cool.

I am just now getting around to listening to this book by Byron Katie (everyone calls her Katie) and the book is "Loving What Is". Debi had attended her workshop and loved the premise of "the work" and so I bought the CD to try it out. In a nutshell, "the work" is all about coming to terms with Reality utilizing a series of questions to get to the truth of ANY statement or thought. Thoughts just ARE. There is never a harmful thought until we attach something/meaning to it, giving it sway in our life, giving it power.

For instance - if I say "you shouldn't judge me" - Is that true? Is there a way for me to absolutely know that is true? I would have to say "no"...I don't really think I can articulate what I am trying to get at, but in the end it turns out there are 3 kinds of "business" - 1) My Business, 2) Your Business, 3) God's Business. The message is - if I am up in any one's business but my own...I am living outside myself - no one is running my ship. If I am telling you what you can and cannot do, I am not manning my post.

I had one of those moments of clarity while I was listening to this book; an insight into what "Reality" really looks like. It slipped away pretty quickly, but I remember and now I am thinking it through. I love it when that happens. It makes life in general seem so much more relevant and interesting when there is something new to discover and explore; some little mystery to look into. It is like trying to picture Eternity on a timeline OR thinking about Nothingness OR finally comprehending an idea or problem when all the pieces finally drop into place - they CLICK.

Now I get to look forward to my drive to work tomorrow...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Eventually you come to see that everything outside you is a reflection of your own thinking. You are the storyteller, the projector of all stories, and the world is the projected image of your thoughts." Byron Katie (Loving What is).

3 comments:

  1. Great to make those connections. Ahhh-haaaa moments as Oprah says. I didn't know that is where you met Debi and Kim.....I thought you had know them for years. Pretty cool quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no...I met UP with them AT the conference. We decided to do a girls trip and so we all MET there to hang out together. I LOVED doing a girls trip - I would LOVE to do a sisters trip. I had a blast with you in Missouri w/our crazy folks...we should do it again with the rest of them girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely we should. Ahhhhh, that makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete