Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day #152 - Whiskers

I ran some errands at lunch today. On my way back to the office I was sitting at a stop light and there was this dog in the car next to me. I am a super animal lover and this little guy was so cute. He was small and hairy but had been groomed to look like he had eyebrows and whiskers. He had pushed his nose against the window creating a breath cloud and would pull back his upper lip to show his little teeth. I could tell he was focused on some kids walking home from school (he is a total barker I am sure) and he seemed so intense and fierce. I love that animals have such distinct and varied personalities. They can be such a joy and Whiskers made me smile today..."go get 'em boy".

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" Oscar Wilde

2 comments:

  1. You like fierce dogs huh? Well then you would love Herbie. Charlie stopped by yesterday banging on the kitchen door. I went out into the garage, he said, "your dog" bit our friend Ruth on the back of her calve today. K. What would you like me to do? Can I finally take Herbie to the pound? What are you asking me for? Telling me? I couldn't figure out where he was going with it. I am ready to do it. Have been for years. I told him I thought that was absolutely out of control. What does he want to do? What....?? When will he be ready to let Herbie go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't necessarily like "fierce" dogs if they are mean spirited of course, but a quirky fellow is fun to be around.

    I can't believe you are still letting Charlie manage that situation. Did Charlie have a solution? The problem is Herbie is YOUR dog and YOU are liable...There are also dog rescues that will look at rehabilitating dog biters and placing them with an appropriate family. Maybe you can find one in your area and Charlie might find that easier to live with.

    ReplyDelete