Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day #160 - Evidence of Spring

It is the end of March and my 2nd Spring in the Mountains. I am used to seeing my flowers peaking out of the ground and instead it looks like this today:




I think it snowed about 8 inches last night and we are expecting another 8 or so starting at midnight tonight. I have been paying attention, however, and did locate some good signs of Spring today:


I know I am a bit impatient for Spring to arrive. I love seeing Tulips, Daffodils and Iris starting to poke their heads out and by the end of next month it will be beautiful in the valley. I am pretty sure we will have snow trough at least the end of May, but there are some lovely things that happen in my yard and I can't wait to see some of my minor, but exciting plans come about this year - including my high altitude garden I have been researching.

C'mon Spring...come to Mama...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "March comes in like a Lion, what else? Still the snow, never melts." Lyric from a song on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (one of my fav musicals of all time) - I sing this to myself often during this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, so crazy it is still snow and ice there. We have been beaching it until today....first day of spring break and the rain is coming down hard.

    ReplyDelete