Monday, November 1, 2010

Day #52 - How About Lunch?

I love surprise lunch invites. Mostly it is Travis that calls me up and asks what my plans are. I almost never have the time and always end up taking it anyway. I always feel better spending a little time out of work with Travis.

Today Mom was coming up to a Dr's appointment and called me. I was just in the middle of nodding off during this years Code of Ethics Training for my work and it jolted me just in time to keep my head from hitting the desk...close one. Side note: the training isn't even that boring, it is just COMMON SENSE and the voices are very soothing. Anyway, Mom and Dad invited me to join them for lunch with brother Chuck.

It is always fun to spend a little time with Chuck. He is doing really well, working and going to school to be a Respiratory Therapist with a minor in Business. I'm proud of him for going back to school. It is something I have thought about doing as well, but the timing and money, etc. always get in the way. Someday I am sure I will get around to it...

We usually get around to talking about everyone in the family at one time or another, Dad got to talking politics of course and Mom gave me a few clues on her funniest X-mas gifts this year. Sounds like good times ahead.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Day #10 - Since I am a day behind on blogging and gifting I am using yesterday's gift as today's - last night we only had 2 sets of trick-or-treater's come by all night. I called my neighbor to see if she had been getting any at her house and she told me they ate all their candy on Saturday. Trav and I grabbed up a purple 97 cent pumpkin I had left over from work and stuffed some candy in it and took it over to them to use, just-in-case. We had a nice relaxing night at home, but were disappointed at the lack of tricksters out there this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky. sounds fun. I could use a wake up call right about now myself....maybe a short nap is in order. Happy to hear Chuck is doing great.

    ReplyDelete