Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day #61 - Lazy Mornings

This morning I called my office and told them I would be there at noon. Travis and I slept until 8:00, sat in the hot tub and then went to breakfast. After that we took a drive through the back of Park City so Trav could show me where our nephew moved to.

When we were in the hot tub I told Travis this was what I was grateful for today - spending my favorite time of day with him just being together, enjoying a nice warm soak on a crisp clear morning. Travis told me it was also my gift for the day - taking time off to spend with him. I think that was the sweetest thing he has said for a long time and it meant a lot to me that he would view our time together as a gift. Sometimes I truly feel like the luckiest person in the world.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: Since my sister likes the quotes I will continue finding the good ones to post. I am reading a book "Invisible Acts of Power" by Caroline Myss - one of my favorite authors. There are lots of good quotes in this book like - "Happiness is the accumulation of good" a teaching of Buddha

Gift #17 - Taking time off to spend the morning with my husband Travis. I obviously already wrote about this above, but what this gift pointed out to me, and is obviously one of the the main points of the whole giving exercise, is how giving is also about receiving. We are all pieces of a whole, as I give, I also receive. What a brilliant irony.

2 comments:

  1. Your morning sounds like a Halmark commercial....way to go. i wanna be in a commercial to! You are a very lucky lady! What's great is that you recognize it on a regular basis.

    Today I will type again. It is good to be missed.

    ReplyDelete