Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day #64 - Siblings In-Law

Today Trav and I met my brother Jason and his wife Melanie for breakfast. They had taken a room over night to celebrate Mel's Birthday. We haven't had the chance to hang out with those two for quite some time and it was good to have some one on one time with them.

I have always enjoyed Mel. She is down to earth and easy going and only really makes a fuss when it is really important to her. Most of the time she just tries to keep the peace and I have always appreciated that about her. Plus my brother really loves her - and that is the best part of all. It was fun to reconnect a little bit today with both of them. It occurs to me now that I should have taken a picture...dang it.

I have found myself lucky in my siblings choice of mates. We are, for the most part, a pretty accepting group, but I am very glad all my in-laws are easy to love. I'm sitting here thinking of them all and how different they are, but how much I really do like them. We have fun when we are together and, even though we are a rough teasing family, we care. That matters.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein

Gift #20 - I cleaned and changed the sheets. Yes, this is an ordinary chore that I do every week or so, but today I had all but decided NOT to do it this week, then I remembered how Travis has done so many nice things for me lately and how much he LOVES new sheets on the bed, so I did it even though I didn't want to.

2 comments:

  1. It is weird that my comment didn't stick yesterday.....love the quote. "rough teasing" , yeah, that seems accurate. Only the thick skinned survive...just gotta shake it off. Don't even think about being offended. Why bother. Right? Just move on enjoy each other, and all our differences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do often endure some of the most "rough teasing" - you have more tolerance then I have - I would probably just start crying. You do often give as good as you get...That is someting. Love you. HB

    ReplyDelete