Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day #66 - That 2nd and 52nd Chance...

What do I want to say tonight? I've got several things bouncing around in my head...I think I will go with the most fitting subject for the quote I picked for today:

Diva Quote: "Those who overcome themselves are strong" Lao Tzu

I don't quite get "why" we must be our own worst enemy...Do you? I enjoy exploring the things I am capable of achieving and in some things I feel competent and even excel at other things in my life, but I truly do not understand why some things come so hard. What Heather? What is so hard? For some reason dropping ONE POUND is harder for me then loudly singing a song in front of a room full of strangers and/or friends. I use this example because I know it is hard for at least one of you out there anyway...:)

Before this starts sounding too much like a WHOA IS ME post...I must say I am grateful for that next chance to try again. I am a firm believer that we never run out of 2nd chances. I try not to look back too often and think "what if" because I cannot go backwards, I can only go forward. I can only be in this moment RIGHT NOW...so my only choice is to try again. To set a goal. To be prepared and foreword thinking. To not get distracted by that BAD day and the temptation to derail myself...still not sure why I do that.

Here we go again...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Gift #1 - Reverse gifting...I keep noticing all the gifts I am receiving and want to focus on those instead of the other way for now. I had a heinous morning today - mostly caused by my own poor attitude and lack of patience. I am a pretty nice person, but I have ZERO patience in many ways and can be a real...well, Witch. Mostly I can work my way around to a shift, but for some reason today was not one of those days.

Travis called me to see if I wanted to go to lunch. I originally told him "No, I brought a lunch," but the next time he called I answered the phone with "what time you picking me up?" HA...Anyway, on my way down the elevator it stopped on floor 4 (brother) then again on floor 3 (sigh)...I have seen the guy that got on at 3 many times. He is often out on smoke breaks when I go too and from my car at various times of day. He actually made eye contact with me and I thought I smiled...he did a double take and REALLY looked at me.

I decided later I must have actually grimaced at him or something because he looked directly into my eyes, leaned forward slightly and said loudly "How you doin'?" I was actually forced into a shift...after blinking hard with surprise, I answered him with a joke of some sort; it was significant to me that he noticed "something" about me that prompted a voice in him that had never been there before. It wasn't mind blowing, but it was noticeable and it was a gift to me.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post. Heinous...strong word....makes me curious about your morning.....was there blood and gore involved?
    Trav knows to give you a second call huh? Brilliant! To often I / Kev take no to mean no and just move on. That is real dumb though....maybe we miss some of those fun lunches we could be having if we gave it a 2nd try.

    The cool thing is now you will look for that guy and say something from here on out. It only takes one time to notice someone and make that tiny connection and you are bound for life. (that sounds extreme...but you know what I mean) I see Markus EVERYWHERE now. Always on his bike. He must have been there all along...but he was just another person. Now he is someone I have a connection with, so I am aware and notice.

    WHO WILL BE YOUR NEXT LUCKY CONNECTION???? so exciting!

    yes, sometimes I get to thinking about the differences in my life and others....meaning my weaknesses/vs. others. My insecurities are my sisters strengths, and vice versa. It is a befuddlement for sure. HA - how do you like that word!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word...befuddlement...I likey.

    ReplyDelete