Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day #71 - My Shipoopie Journey At An End

I finally feel like the basement is repaired. It has been many weeks since the toilet incident, but I have not forgotten it or the journey following it. I have many photos to post and TRIED to figure out how to format them into 4 per square...but just could not get it done in a timely fashion. My friend at work keeps telling me where I can find the proper program online, but heck if I can ever remember the link. I will just post from beginning to end and try to be selective about it.

The BEGINNING: This delicious photo illustrates the disaster's beginning. I walked into this mess with the plumber on my heels. Sorry it is so gross. The sewage went out into the hall and into the two bedrooms.


THE CLEAN-UP: This has got to be the most thankless job out there...The remediation team was GREAT. I am so glad someone ELSE got to handle the worst job. I also got the GOOD NEWS that there were like 12 dead mice in the walls when they came off...lovely; called the exterminator the next day as well.






THE NEW AND IMPROVED: I am soooo glad this nightmare is over. It was expensive even WITH insurance, but I am so glad we had coverage. I got smart and put tile in the bathroom - who would want carpet in a bathroom? If you have carpet in your bathroom, I am sorry (I still have carpet in one of my bathrooms and I hate it), but really...what do you do if the toilet overflows?





It is so funny looking at the photo of the hallway I noticed the dry wall dust on the picture frame...whoops. I had to wipe down all the doors and moldings today there was so much dust left over from the dry wallers; looks like I missed a spot

I am so glad this project is at an end. I sincerely hope I do not have to experience something like this again.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The things that happen to me day after day, the things that claim me day after day - these contain my essential tasks" Martin Buber

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through all of that mess. But your bathroom looks BEAUTIFUL now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....looks smashing! Very clean and crispy!

    The site is picasa....for the pictures....at least that is what I use. It does take a little initial time to get started....but it becomes fast and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I FINALLY got around to catching up on your blogs.

    1: that first pic is NASTY.
    2: Yes, carpet in the bathroom (or a kitchen) is weird and gross!
    3: It looks so pretty! Maybe I should just rent from you instead of elsewhere/buying... Okay, only kidding! :P

    ReplyDelete