Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #55 - Zee Pain, Zee Pain

All of a sudden the palm of my hand is KILLING me. It started last night - I had a hard time gripping the flash light with my right hand taking Bart to do his evening business and I had a hard time holding the knife to cut my tomatoes. Today it was worse and for the life of me I could not figure out what I had done.

Travis suggested I was arm walking (swinging my arms enthusiastically while walking) and hit something with my hand...NOPE - that has actually happened before (many times unfortunately) and that injury always occurs on the back of the hand, not the palm. All day I have been trying to figure it out.

This afternoon when I got back to the office after being in meetings, I sat down to file some appraisals that came in and WHALA it was the TWO HOLE PUNCH that I used all afternoon yesterday. My palm hits exactly at the spot to push the punch through the paper. I had a lot of thick stacks to punch through  yesterday and must have bruised my hand.

SCHWEW - I told Sheryle I started to think it was gout of the hand (she told me too much lemon juice gave her husband gout of the big toe - this after I consumed 3 glasses of hot lemon water that day); I told Travis it must be some side effect of the Diva cleanse or maybe...GASP...cancer of the hand!!!

Mystery SOLVED!! I LOVE THAT...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote of the Day: "Growth demands a temporary surrender of security." Gail Sheehy

Gift #11 - Sort of an interesting "give" day - I did something nice for Travis this morning and he said "is this your gift for today?" I wasn't sure if I should be offended or not so decided not to count it. I took some people to lunch, but that doesn't really count because I will get reimbursed for it. After work I got approached by ANOTHER person who was left behind by a friend and had to take the bus home to Utah County...I thought momentarily of offering a ride, just to see what he did, but remembered to be generous and gave him $5 instead. Then tonight I folded my Nephews laundry (just sheets and towels) so he wouldn't need to worry about it since he is moving out of our studio apartment.

I have started to notice reciprocal good karma coming our way. I told Travis he should stop making fun of me and start giving himself and see what happens. Why not? Nothing to lose!! I truly believe the more good energy you push out, the more room for the good stuff to come in.

2 comments:

  1. I just got your post title...from "Fantasy Island"....right? Zee Plane? hope I am on the right track. That is funny that Trav is looking for and noticing the gift giving. I am sure it rubbing off on him like everyone else.

    Good luck w/ your detox today! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete