Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day #57 - The End of the Beginning

I have reached the end of the road on my cleanse today. I did 5 of the 7 days of the Diva Cleanse which I feel good about. I could have done the full 7, but decided I would start doing the shakes in the morning during the week and maybe even do the veggie lunch thing at work as well. I actually had soup for dinner tonight with Travis and it was delicious. I also had a little cutie orange and plan to incorporate more raw foods with each meal.

I have discovered the BEST fruit combo EVER - Fresh Raspberries with Little Cutie Oranges (clementine). That's it - they are soooo goood together. It is the perfect desert - sweet and tart.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try." Beverly Sills

Gift #13 - I went to my cousin Chelsea's baby shower today. It was fun to see the Aunts on the Strong side of the family and get all the latest family news. I offered to help with the gifts and was asked to write down the "who" and "what" of it all. I liked doing this because I got to see all the cute baby stuff up close and personal. There were several darling stuffed animals, don't see many of those at baby showers for some reason, super cute clothes and the sweetest gift was from Aunt Stacy (C's Mom) who said "I've waited 25 years to give this to you" and I swear I saw a little tear in her eye - it was a hand crocheted pastel multi-colored shawl with a hood and yellow ties at the throat and a matching blanket and bootie set. One of Stacy's good friends made it for Chelsea when she was born and Stacy saved it all these years to give to Chelsea's first baby. Aw Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing. Who else went from our family....mom, Ker, Aim? I bet everyone looked so dif. What a fun gift like you said from Stacey. Any other cousins there?

    Yeah Hug....I did the same thing with the cleanse...and continue to make conscious decisions to eat more raw throughout the day. Wish I had the clementine/raspberry combo RIGHT NOW. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom & Melanie came - Keri is in Vegas and Amy had to work. Just the Aunts (Mary, Michelene, Darla) and cousin Natalie and Brians (?) new wife. We found out Shanon is engaged and getting married soon. She will have a reception early next year sometime.

    ReplyDelete