Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day #67 - Mentholatum

Growing up in my Mom's house meant always knowing where to find snacks stashed in the treat drawer, counting on a homemade dinner on the table most nights, smelling that sweet scent every time you hugged her good night, knowing NOT to mess with her when she gritted her teeth sending you that look with a finger snap and point at your face for emphasis and always ALWAYS knowing there would be a jar of Mentholatum on the side table in the master bedroom (her side of the bed of course).

NOT A GREAT PICTURE...OH WELL.

All my life it seems I have used Mentholatum on my lips at night and sometimes on my nostrils if I was sporting a cold. I always thought Mentholatum was MADE to be used on the lips. I never looked until a few months ago when I was stocking up...Turns out it is a "Topical Analgesic"

Analgesic: A remedy that allays or relieves pain

Uses: Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints

Directions: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily. If SWALLOWED get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away...

SWEET - I have been putting that stuff on my mouth for years...I'm not necessarily saying my mom mislead me in this ONE thing...but maybe she did. I still love it...it gives my lips that pumped up feeling and they are soft after use...Besides, Mom is still doing ok and she has been using it for years. Ah sweet menthol tingle...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The purpose of life is a life of purpose." George Bernard Shaw

Gift...I went to lunch with a friend today - Terry. I loved spending time with her. She is so buoyant - this is the word I pick for her; throw her in the deep end and she will find a way to float no matter what. There are people that suck energy out of you and people that push energy into you, she is the latter. I am grateful I have been able to get to know her better over the last few years.

2 comments:

  1. whoa...nice detective work on the Menth....that is crazy. Ryker was just asking me for another bottle....I don't know now.

    I do not remember there being so many great Diva quotes...where are you finding these? Do you go on their web site or something. This is one of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just call them Diva Quotes now...I did run out, so I am just posting quotes that I find, like and want to share. HB

    ReplyDelete