Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day #53 - Happy Water

Today I started the raw food "7 Day Diva Detox" that Melissa told me about. I will get lots of apples, which I love, and will eat lots of raw vegetables. I am going to try to make some "green smoothies" and hope my blender will do the job even though it is no vita mix...

There are a few things I liked about the literature of this cleanse - It is very uplifting and positive. One of the "to do" items is to "Honor Where You're At". This is not always easy for me, but I believe it is important. I've written often about being in the moment and that is hard to do when I look constantly to the future or think longingly of the past. I don't wallow in misery or anything, but I do have moments and I am determined to honor where I am at this week and celebrate my efforts to clean things up.

Another thing I like are the motivational messages they provide for each day of the cleanse. I tried to make an effort to remember this throughout the day. Today's message was: 

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do" Eleanor Roosevelt

The last thing that I appreciated was the water theory...I cannot think of the name of the scientist or the experiment, but a study has shown that water takes on the energy of words. If you say nice things to water and freeze it it turns into beautiful crystals, if you say mean or bad words to it it freezes in jagged points. This Diva Cleanse says to write "Healthy and Happy" on the water bottles. I have been trying to whisper nice words to my water before I drink it...maybe it is weird, but what do I have to lose...besides a gagillion pounds.

No caffeine today has left me with a headache and I had a VERY hard time staying awake this afternoon; I yawned at least twice every time I talked to someone on the phone - a tad embarrassing. Just thinking about yawning made me yawn again!! The paperwork says the first 3 days are the hardest...1 down 2 to go...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Gift #10 - I have this transferee that calls me 3 times per day, everyday. I try really hard to make sure the transferee's have my time when they need it, but most of the time I don't understand why she is calling. Today she called me to tell me she didn't need me to call her. I said "oh, ok" and then there was an awkward silence, so I made a conscious effort to talk to her about things NOT relating to the move because I THINK that is what she needed. It is a tough time to move and it is hard on these families and sometimes the stay at home spouse gets left behind. I pray that I can make a tiny difference to them.

1 comment:

  1. whooooaaaa! You started huh? I thought you were going to take a pass on this bad boy. Did you talk to Amy about getting on board w/ you? You should....I think it is really helpful to have a buddy going through the same thing as you.
    My last two days bombed big time....so it was really a 5 day cleanse....which still seemed like plenty. So you made it past the headaches? I would suggest taking note in a food journal also....why not?
    I wish you staunch determination.....take on one day at a time...heck...one hour! Looking forward to hearing your observations.

    Would love you to call if you want to talk more about the ins and outs....possible side affects, etc.

    Good luck!! You can do it no doubt!

    ReplyDelete