Friday, November 26, 2010

Day #75 - Black Friday

I dislike shopping. The only time I really enjoy it is when I know what I want, can get it done quickly and have lots of money. Travis and I decided to take a drive out and about to check various stores and deals going on. Travis NEVER goes out on Black Friday, but for some reason he was curious this year.

It was weird...True, we got out around 11:00 a.m. so might have missed the big crowds, but it seemed really slow for shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I am curious if you noticed a difference this year. We did end up buying a roasting pan and a 3-in-one scanner for our home office, but nothing too special or expensive - both were actually 1/2 off.

I'm actually on a mission to make our home office more user friendly. I worked from home on Weds. and it was HORRIBLE. There is zero work space, the chair is super uncomfortable to sit in for longer then an hour and everything is hard to get at...I can't believe Travis has been working at this station for the last several months...This will be my gift to him. Now that I have the scanner thing, I just need to find a good office chair and set everything up. It will be sweet and much more conducive to productivity.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do something I can do." Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. I never go out on "Black Friday"....not interested in fighting for my deals. I, like you, know many people that are religious about that day to get out at 5:00am to go shop. The time is right....but I feel like I would be really disappointed, you know how they have a limited number of "specially priced" items....yuck.

    What a gift that will be. A working office is such a blessing. There has been much rearranging and fine tuning over the years w/ our cramped office. Kevin and I are back together again in here now that the kids are in school. He really, really lets things pile up in a bad way. I try and help and organize as much as he will let me. I cannot stand to blog, or coupon or work at all w/ an untidy desk. I have to clean and tie up loose ends first, then I can focus. He has loose ends and papers piled up every where around his desk. Don't know how he stands it.

    OH Well.....what was that last quote...we don't see things as they really are, we see them how we are. Maybe it is just a personal problem. ?

    ReplyDelete