Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day #74 - A Day Of Thanks Giving

Just got home from Turkey dinner at Mom & Dad's house. It felt small this year - not the dinner. Dinner was HUGE, but we were missing Lance (in Cambodia), Jason (working), Grandma (passed away), Melissa and family (in Florida). I guess Dad was tender about Grandma this morning as this was the first big holiday without his Mom - it really did feel different. I do believe a good time was had by all.

We had a chance to talk about the 29 Day Giving Challenge and almost everyone participated in some way or other, even Chuck shared some giving stories with us. My two favorites - he paid for a ladies Taco Bell dinner at the drive thru after cutting her off to get in front of her and he keeps taking various neighbors garbage out when they leave it by their front door. I guess it is far away from the apartment so people just set it outside until they leave to take it down. Chuck will be the "Garbage Man" making garbage magically disappear...

Amy and Keri both shared some good stories and I think we all agree it is difficult to stay in the space of giving. We just go through our day and get to the end and realize...I may have missed an opportunity to make a difference today. The other thing that Amy pointed out about Keri...she seems to give service without thinking about it. She was telling Amy that she hadn't done any service for the challenge yet and Amy said "what about when you babysat for me? raked my leaves? shoveled my walks? cleaned Mom and Dad's windows?"...oh yeah.

Anyway, this wasn't meant to be hard and I really do think it made us all think about how little it takes to make a difference.

Diva Quote: "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anays Nin

I Am Grateful,
HB

I made Rolls - I neglected to get pictures of the Turkey, but it was a big one


Mel made Pies - Left the Chocolate Pie home, made a delicious Carmel Apple Cheese cake (Mom made the pumpkin I think) and Josie dropped the Apple Pie creating...


APPLE PILE


 Good job Josie Bear (with Mel and Seth)...

 Mom and Chuck
 Keri and Golden
 Amy and Elle
 My Hubby Travis

Mom and Dad



3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Sweet find for me.....the pictures are delicious! I THANK you! I love the "apple pile", the rolls look sooooooo gooood! Elle is tiny. Ethan does not believe how tall Seth has gotten...he is certain he is standing on something. It looks like Ker, Aim and I all have about the same hair color right now....cool! Can't comment on you cuz you are missing in action Miss photographer. Mom and dad look great, Chuck to, and Trav.

    Hmmmmm, fun day. Really like Chucks magic garbage gifts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth has gotten tall hasn't he. I think it was Chuck that did a double take and said "whose that kid?" - joking when he realized it was Seth. HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing that came to my mind when I saw the pic of the rolls?

    BUTT.

    I know you're not surprised at all! :P

    ReplyDelete