Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day #76 - Gutbuster Breakfasts

I love the big Holiday Weekend Breakfast. This was what Trav and I had for breakfast yesterday:


The picture looks kind of gross, but I found this HUGE bread - just french bread cut into thick slices - at Costco and now we indulge every few weeks in delicious french toast. I think breakfast is one of my favorite meals to eat and to cook. I do hate cleaning the pans after for some reason. It only takes a few minutes, but sometimes I won't clean it until the next day when I am sick of it taking up all my counter space or Travis will handle it while shaking his head at me.

The great thing about a big breakfast is I normally don't feel like eating again until dinner time...so even though I have overindulged a bit in the morning, it is like brunch so I don't need to feel bad about it.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Politeness serves a purpose...civility and kindness are moral imperatives." Jane Austen

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it looks gross at all. You kidding me? It looks fabulous! I want some of that mega french toast. Do you put special spices in it?...nutmeg, cinnamon, clove...? Do you ever make German pancakes...or "puffy" pancakes? I really love those also...with homemade buttermilk syrup...mmmmmmmm....getting hungry, I need to get buttermilk and make a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mix is pretty eggy...I use like 4 eggs and not too much milk (maybe only 1/2 cup or so), then I put in vanilla and cinnamon to taste...delicious. I also love the German pancakes - we had those a few weeks ago as a matter of fact. Also YUMMY!!! I should get your buttermilk syrup recipe to try. HB

    ReplyDelete