Monday, November 8, 2010

Day #59 - Working On It

Today I find myself extremely grateful for my job. I stayed up late last night putting together a presentation that I had to deliver first thing this morning. I was so worried about it and it turned out to be no big deal. Sometimes between the politics at that place and the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing I get very frustrated and feel like I am just spinning my wheels, getting NO WHERE. Then I got back to the office and an announcement was waiting about how 5 people had been let go company wide and I heard there may be more coming and I realized...I have it pretty good.

What a horrible time to lose a job - right at the Holidays. There is one person I am particularly sad about. Angie was the person that helped me figure out my Halloween costume this year. I admired her all black outfit w/postage stamp on her chest last year (Black Mail) and asked for her assistance this year. She is very creative and will often still be at the office when I leave at night working away. It makes me wonder "why her and not someone else"?

It is times like today that I remember why I started this blog in the first place - be grateful for where I am at and what I have everyday. Things change so fast. Unexpected events occur and suddenly yesterday's problems become inconsequential.

I am so glad I get to spin my wheels and shake hands daily with the right AND the left. Maybe someday they will meet in the middle and realize their agenda's are the same and maybe they won't, but as long as I get to participate...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote (apropos for today's blog for sure): "Things do not change; we change" Henry David Thoreau

Gift #15 - One of the "rules" for the 29-day giving challenge is if you miss a day, you start over. I sat here just now thinking I would have to start at Gift #1 again tomorrow, but I just thought of the gift I will prepare tonight to mail out tomorrow. I have been meaning to for quite some time and just have not MADE time to get it together. Giving is not a hard thing to do. The part that is hard is being mindful of giving - I find it truly difficult to stay in that space of noticing opportunities and taking advantage of them to make a difference. I also need to get out of my own way and surrender my personal agenda. My agenda is not "what's in it for me" as much as "what do I expect the outcome to be". I am a super control freak, so this is SUPER difficult for me...how does the saying go? Let Go and Let God? ...working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Down sizing is not fun ever, but yeah, that is a bummer about Angie. Do you feel pretty secure? How long have you been there? 14 years? Maybe not that long....was it Caldwell before? They are not the same are they?

    I am looking forward to tonight, we are having a Gratitude dinner for RS....really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, so glad for my job. But it also makes me worry like crazy. :(

    ReplyDelete