Friday, May 27, 2011

Day #207 - So Much to Do

Last Saturday I walked around my whole yard and made a big list of everything we get to do as soon as the weather allows. First on the list was to spray the weeds...it has been raining almost every day since. I have been despairing over how quickly those little suckers grow. I think they double in size every day. Soon I will be out there spending hours hacking them down if I don't kill them dead first. Oy.

I haven't felt like making a list for a very long time and lately that is all I think about on Friday night after 10 p.m. "What do I need to do tomorrow? What is the priority? What should come first? How much time will it take to do x, y, z?".

I took last weeks list to my parents house...it is 3 pages long (really big writing) and I had a list of "things I can do on my own" and "things I need help with". I made "help me" eyes at my Dad and he started making notes of his own...With Dad's help I might actually make a dent in that list this year.

My list with Dad's additions...I particularly like
the drawing of the rake (lower right)...
He said "you need a rake" and started to draw a picture...
I said, "yeah, I know what a rake is...I even own one." Priceless.


My Dad is SUPER generous with his skills and his time. So is my Mom. I didn't want to ask them for help, they have enough to do, but I really am overwhelmed and don't know where to start. They are both good at taking charge in different ways and I can use some direction. I am so lucky to have them.

I have a four day weekend and I intend to make use of it. Off I go to get my "clean the house" list started.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "The Lord loveth a cheerful giver.  He also accepteth from a grouch."  ~Catherine Hall

2 comments:

  1. Excellent....you should make one for when I am in town. I would "cheerfully" help you pulverize a to-do list. My favorite!! (hands rubbing together). Mom and Dad are the greatest. I remember the feeling, on numerous occasions, of weights being lifted from my shoulders anytime dad or mom got on board. Phew. I've got a shot at this project now! I just love how dad goes for it, grabs a project with both hands and digs in. I wish you luck and stamina for that hefty list. I know you got it in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...Mom suggested I make a list for you as well, nice to hear you are on board! Don't think I won't take you up on it!!

    ReplyDelete