Friday, May 20, 2011

Day #201 - Reunions

When I first got to Lost Wages, NV I was waiting for my bag and saw a Mom reunite with her 2 year old...it was SOOO Sweet. He ran into her arms and hugged her with his whole body, threw back his head and laughed up at the ceiling and then wrapped himself around her again. She let him down, he ran in circles, jumped up and down, made little fists with his hands and waved them around laughing, then threw himself back at his Mom and hugged her all over again. I couldn't help but smile the whole way to my hotel.

I couldn't wait to walk in my door. I felt like the horse who, once turned towards home, runs like a dickens and jumps over anything in its way. You would think I'd been gone for weeks instead of only days. It is great to be home again and it was great to be greeted warmly by my own little family - Travis (my ball and chain), Bart (dog) and Echo (cat). I got to the airport w/3 hours to spare and it was a slow night, so I was able to catch an earlier flight and got home 1.5 hours earlier then Travis planned. It was fun to surprise him.

Home Sweet Home.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to. " ~John Ed Pearce

1 comment:

  1. True quote. Nice new foxy picture. You look great! Glad you made it home. Hope your trip was a success.

    ReplyDelete