Monday, May 16, 2011

Day #198 - Other People's Faux Pas

I don't know why it makes me feel better about my mistakes when someone else messes up, but it does.

Today my sweet, worried co-worker hit the "reply to all" command and proceeded to blast a guy in an email to that same guy, using words like "crazy"...she would hate me to be posting this story, so I will just say...haven't we ALL done something like this before?

The guy actually called her and spoke to her directly, which I thought was very mature. He seemed to just want to explain his position, not create problems...I hope he doesn't cause any trouble.

I thanked my co-worker for making me look not quite so bad when I swore on the phone after a partial mental break down on Friday while speaking with my church rep...VERY Professional. Out of both experiences I think we learned a few valuable lessons the main ones being: don't say/write anything you wouldn't say to someones face AND don't swear.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it that we do from learning the answer itself." Lloyd Alexander

3 comments:

  1. Scary. Yes, I have done that as well. I am sitting here rethinking an email I just sent off to "All" on purpose. I had sort of got publicly reprimanded for not asking permission from the DPO if I could mark down a whole ton of stuff at the school store recently. So I publicly responded just now. I hope I didn't sound to snappy. I apologized, but also listed off my reasoning which was strong and sturdy. We shall see. Can't take it back once you push send.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it...They shouldn't put a red head in charge if they don't mean it!! Especially not one with guns like yours...they just don't know what they are dealing with. Honestly, it didn't sound bad at all...like you said - reasonable, strong and sturdy. On question - are you going to get the donations for next year? It is not too hard getting "in kind" donations - lots of companies are very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, no I hadn't thought of getting donations, I was just going to scrounge up deals when I was out and about. I don't know if I dare ask for donations. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete