Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day #188 - A Moment for Kind Words

Today was another crazy day filled to the brim with needs...I need my numbers, I need to know, I need time...on an on. This part of my job I actually enjoy even though it might not seem like it. I like to feel I am making a difference. I DON'T like to feel I am not getting to things quickly enough or that my clients don't trust me enough to wait for a call back.

There are a few people that will sit and call back to back until I pick up the call. I will sit on the phone with another client and just watch the same number pop up over and over again. I don't understand what they hope to accomplish with that behavior - I suppose I give them what they want when I put the person I am talking to on hold or holler over the cubicle to Sheryle to pick up my line. These are the moments that I allow to make me crazy.

During one of these post crazy moments I was talking to a client who had patiently waited for a call back, so when I did call back, I had the answers to all his questions ready to go at my fingertips. We talked for several minutes about his purchase costs, strategized about his listing and then I asked how his house hunting trip had gone. He just started gushing about the agent we had assigned to work with him. He said all the right things - "fantastic" "knowledgeable" "confidence" "so grateful", etc, He couldn't say enough about her service and how good he felt to know she was the one representing him.

I was so GLAD - I put my phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) and typed a Thank you note to the coordinator that minute and asked her to pass the message along to the assigned agent. It felt soooo good to take a few moments to push something positive out to someone else because I wanted to, not because I needed to.  I know how good it feels to be on the receiving end of those thoughts and feelings and I have decided to send a Thank you note every day at work from now on. Nothing elaborate, just a quick email, just a moment for a few kind words...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."  ~Bob Hope

1 comment:

  1. I like that. Good on ya. I have been wanting to write a thank you not to my Publix for the past few days. I will just do it, dang it all. Like you said it only really takes a few minutes, but is certainly rewarding to receive. Pass on something positive for a change, instead of getting another complaint. Great goal.

    ReplyDelete