Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day #205 - Dunka

Today I had 3 people tell me I must love my job because I am so good at it. AW...Thanks. It is a good reminder TO love my job. Truly I do.

Today was a good, if long, day. The best part was an offer that I got first thing this morning on a house the corporation purchased as a short sale from one of it's transferees. It took one full year to handle this transaction, a lot of heartache for the transferee and some heartburn for the corporation. It took less then a month to get an offer once the short sale was finally settled. I almost jumped out of my chair I was so excited. True it isn't truly sold until the loan goes through, but I am so happy.

Today I was a problem solver...sure it can be a headache fixing the same things over and over, but I felt my mind clicking around looking for that perfect solution, that 'just so' way of presenting said solution to shed the best possible light on it to make everyone come to the same conclusion. I don't think today was really different then any other day...so it got me thinking, "what was different"? The answer is simple - it was me.

Have any of you watched or read "the Secret"? Well, there is one part that talks about the chain reaction of an attitude...There is an example of how when you wake up in the morning and stub your toe on the way to the bathroom and the rest is down hill from there unless or until you flip things. There are so many books on the subject of "choosing" happiness, but sometimes happiness chooses you. Today was one of those days for me.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Be Happy. It's one way of being wise." Sidonie Gabrielle

2 comments:

  1. Great job. Why not love your job right? You are there like 80% of your life...that is just a guess, might be a little high, but you know what I mean. Can you imagine being miserable day after day like many people are? You are pretty lucky I think, or make that smart, you could be miserable if that is what you chose. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good reminder that our happiness depends only on ourselves. Love the quote and I Love the new profile picture!

    ReplyDelete