Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day #99 - Pressure...

Did you know you can cook a 3 lb pot roast in 45 minutes to pull apart tender? Sheryle told me this months ago, but I did not have a pressure cooker in which to try it until Christmas - my gift from Travis. I called her today to ask her how she does it and MAN was it GOOD. I used two forks to pull it out of the pot and it just fell apart.

Strangely we chose to make homemade macaroni and cheese to compliment the roast instead of the standard potatoes and gravy and I have to say that turned out to be a delightful combination. Travis decided he wanted to try it and it turned out delicious - he has the magic chef touch.

I guess the term "feels like a pressure cooker" makes some sense...cooking is quick and hot with lots of moisture to sweat the food. I guess today's take away is a good roasting can present some mighty excellent results...maybe a little pressure isn't so bad.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
Henry Ford

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try mine out. I will return and report later this week. You make it sound sooooooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete