Monday, January 3, 2011

Day #100 - Miss Lissa

My sister Melissa is heading back to Florida tomorrow. I got to spend a nanosecond of time with her while she was here. I have lots of reasons and excuses for not being able to spend more time together, but as I started to list them I realized that is exactly what they are and it bothers me that I felt like I needed to list them. Frankly, it doesn't really matter that I didn't get to see her as much as I wanted to or felt like I should, because I feel I have been lucky enough to develop a special relationship with her through blogging.

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned how personal the blog can be and there is a certain amount of vulnerability involved in blogging about ones life and experiences. I have seen some unique sides to my sister that I adore and some that have always been there that I have gotten to know better.

Melissa is funny and inspiring. She is a fantastic Mother and an avid student of life. She is the Queen saver, but also a big spender when it counts. She drags suitcases full of "freebies" from Florida to Utah to share with her siblings and I think she managed to give something to all of us this trip. Her personality is big and can be a force to push back at, but always she means well and she is quick to find common ground. She cries easily whether it be from laughter, matters of spirit, joy or sorrow...the flood gates open often. I am proud to be her sister and feel so lucky that I have been able to get to know her more thoroughly by following her blog and am honored that she has taken the time to follow mine as well. 

Thanks M - I love you.


I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Expect the Best. Be prepared for the worst. CELEBRATE IT ALL!" Larry Winget

3 comments:

  1. SWEET. Thank you Hug. I will enjoy reading that several more times. You make me sound FREAKING AMAZING!! I feel we also short changed each other on our visit....but you know what...I am with you. I count my blessings where they are at. I wouldn't trade "our blogging" for anything. I am totally stoked to be home and right back into it where I left off. I am getting all caught up.....I saw this personalized one and had to skip ahead to see what was up..... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...you are FREAKING AMAZING. I guess that means you have started up with your blog again? I will check it out. Admit that you missed it a little...?

    ReplyDelete