Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day #103 - Moving Day

I am a few days behind...The first of last week we were told our desks would be moved beginning on Friday to the other side of the building. The first reaction is "OH SNAP!" because it is a pain to move. My 2nd reaction is "NEW, NEW, NEW"!!

NEW SPACE - well, same old work space, but moving forces me to re-organize, which is something I have wanted to do for a long time. It is like living in the same house for 20 years - "STUFF" builds up if you do not constantly make an effort to downsize. I actually took a box of books home and 2 bags of things like CD's, decorations and a CD player that has been sitting under my desk for at least two years. I regret that I didn't have time to go through ALL the files and papers stashed all over, but I am determined to do that as I unpack.

NEW ENERGY - I have been feeling like I need an energy shift at work for quite a while. I don't quite understand why I think changing spaces will necessarily lend to this shift, but I do. Maybe it is the feeling of NEW itself that helps leave the OLD behind.

NEW FOCUS - Right now my cubicle is open to my neighbor Sheryle. We did this on purpose so we can communicate regularly. The problem is I like her so much I tend to communicate rather more then necessary and she does the same so it is hard to stay centered on the business. The way the cubicles will be set up on the other side means we will be putting up a wall between us. I have mixed feelings about whether this will be a good thing because we do tend to file share a lot, but I KNOW it will be good for me to stay zoned in and be more effective.

It will be an interesting week as we begin to transition to our new spaces and I am excited.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "All you need to decide is how to use the time you are given." Lord of the Rings

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!! I am all for NEW .... NEW SPACE, ENERGY AND FOCUS! I am excited to hear how the new set up goes. Love change.

    ReplyDelete