Monday, January 17, 2011

Day #109 - Slippery Slope

I am beginning to think I have a slipper hording problem.

I LOVE NEW SLIPPERS. Putting on a new pair of slippers is like sitting in a warm tub of water or snuggling under a cashmere-ish blanket. Soft, warm, luxurious. The only problem is I seem to love old slippers just as much. I am having a hard time deciding what to do with my oldie but goodies...


Even I know I do not need 5 pairs of house slippers. I wear them constantly though, even during the summer. One pair has a harder soul then the others and sometimes I wear them for a quick run to the store. One has a full heel, but they are sort of big and clumsy to get on and off. One is so old the shape is all weirdo, but I threw them in the wash and they feel more cushioned then the newest pair. See...they all have redeeming qualities, but they are taking over my shoes...I have no where to put them all. Bother.

Maybe I will hold on to them all for a bit longer before I decide...The one thing I know about my slippers...Putting them on and taking them off is the first and last thing I do every day.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Whatever we think about and thank about we bring about." Dr. John DeMartini

2 comments:

  1. "I am beginning to think I have a slipper hording problem"....well it could sure be a lot worse. Slippers are fairly inexpensive, especially after the holidays. I hope you stocked up. They are not that space consuming...albeit sounds like you are running into some trouble w/ your "work shoes" getting in the way of the shoes you really love. Have you ever considered keeping your work shoes down in the room by your garage? Then you could just slide out of your slippers on your way out the door and slip into your other shoes....then your slippers are waiting for you when you get home. You probably do this already. I don't have a single pair of slippers....my mode when it gets chilly are puffy sox...like the ones mom got us for Christmas. I do love those guys....I even wear them w/ my boots, or as shoes themselves if it is dry out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puffy sox...I wear puffy socks WITH the slippers...best of both worlds. Does that mean you go barefoot? I don't like barefoot.

    Good idea on storing the shoes in the mud room, except where would I stash my overflow of paper towels?

    ReplyDelete