Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day #101 - "Sure...Why Not?"

Tonight Travis and I were invited to a friend's house for lobster tails...Normally, when we receive a call at 7:07 p.m., we just got home from work, changed into our P.J.'s and are 10 minutes into a 20 minute pressure cooking of a chicken, we would say "no thanks". Well, not us...I was thinking I have always really wanted to try a good lobster, I know and like Brad and Elizabeth and I have a whole chicken I can share with them even though it is my first pressure cooker chicken...Why not?

I was able to talk Travis into going without too much trouble simply by admitting to him my concern that we almost always say "no" when sometimes it feels like we should say "yes". Granted I truly believe we might have been the 4th couple they called, but it turned out to be just like I thought it would - We had a quick meal with friends and then we went home.

PLUS, the Lobster really was quite delicious and the chicken turned out superb. I think I will really enjoy that pressure cooker...What should I cook up next???

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Make every obstacle an opportunity" Lance Armstrong's Mom - Their family motto.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! So how did you do your chicken? How long? Water, herbs...etc. Good for you guys, I think it is great you said yes. Is this couple one of your neighbors? Lobster......YUM....did you dip it in butter?? best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a web site that has all kinds of cooking times for every imaginable meat or vegetable and all kinds of recipes. The chicken took exactly 20 minutes once it got up to pressure. I cooked it AFTER work...AMAZING!! and it was good.

    Lobster wouldn't be Lobster without butter...Not exactly on the diet, but...we didn't eat out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Brad was my realtor and my Debi's brother...they live up the street and around the corner from us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about you give me that website my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the one I used:

    http://missvickie.com/howto/times/timingframe.html

    OR - I will make this a favorite as well:

    http://fastcooking.ca/pressure_cookers/cooking_times_pressure_cooker.php

    ReplyDelete