Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day #102 - Garage Door Opener

For some reason when I tried to blog this post last night it would not allow me to enter anything into this box...weird. Anyway, there was a time not too long ago (almost exactly 1 year and 5 months) I did not have a garage in which to park my car. Now that I have been spoiled with BOTH a garage AND a garage door opener I feel totally let down and disappointed that my opener often fails to work.

Travis and I continue to work on various solutions to this seemingly random issue...first we called for assistance and they came out for a service fee and showed us a few wires that sometimes get disconnected - it was about a 2 minute fix. The next time it stopped working we checked and reattached the wires ourselves, then we reset the whole box, then we called the code people, then we took apart and stripped the wires and started over. Now it randomly works off and on. Sigh.

The point of this post is NOT to whine, although that is what I am doing, the point really is to comment on the magic, convenience, wonderful, easy luxury of the garage door opener. It is lovely to come home in a snow storm and pull right in without getting ones shoes wet, no interruption of the book on tape, no frigid air rushing in the open door...just smooth sailing into home. I sometimes wonder if I will ever learn to be grateful for things WHEN I have them, or if I am destined to lose them before I realize it?

Tonight the door went up AND down both when I left this morning and when I returned home tonight...Sweet!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "You are not born knowing how deeply you can love and care for another...These are spiritual qualities that must be learned."  Carolyn Myss

1 comment: