Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day #107 - Boot Scootin' Deal

I drove a friend from work to pick up a chair she had purchased from The Store (Salvation Army) since it wouldn't fit in her car. While we were there I decided we should take a quick look around. We wound our way through the furniture, clothes, household goods 'til we reached the shoes.

I have always liked to go looking for good used shoes and I was trying to find some boots that might interest me. I had decided to follow my sisters lead and buy a pair with the X-mas money my parents gave me. Turns out there were two pairs of boots in my size that zip up just past the ankle - One Tan and one Red. They are not exactly what I was looking for, but they were cute and boots were listed at $10 per pair. Ya can't really beat that price, so I decided to just get both.

I went to the register to pay and the gal hollered to her co-worker, "These still buy one get one free?"...Turns out it was my lucky day. I pulled out the $10 bill and she handed me back a $5. I said, "Aren't boots listed as $10 per?" She informed me that applies to full length boots and these were shorties so they are only $5 per. I got two pairs of gently used boots for $5 bucks!!

To tell you the truth I sort of felt guilty and held my hand there for a minute with the 5 bills in change thinking what to do...I was just about to hand it back to say, "keep it" when I wondered if it would seem...insulting. I decided I could make a donation another time...hopefully before next Christmas :). I stuffed the money back in my purse and walked out with my new shoes. I wore the tan pair today - Trav said it actually made me a few inches taller...Sweet.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Service is the rent we pay to be living. It is the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time." Marian Wright Edelman (have I used this before? It is a good reminder)

2 comments:

  1. I am going CRAZY over your deal!!!! What a find. Were they comfortable to boot? Man, I am happy for you. Great deals like that are just more satisfying to wear. Congrats.

    You have not used that quote before.....it is an excellent one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheap is my middle name! I love finding a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete