Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day #118 - $$ CHA-CHING $$

I went to the laundry room this morning to pull out my freshly washed and dried laundry and when I opened the door MONEY just came bursting out...well, not really bursting, but it was right on the edge like it had been trying to escape down the lint trap and fell out the open door instead. It sounds like a lot of money popped out, but it was a $5 bill and ten $1's. TRAVIS??? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Just kidding - it is mine.

Travis and I played poker with some friends the other night and I WON...hence the dollar bills (you know - real high stakes). I must have forgotten to empty my pockets when I got home and so got to experience the thrilling discovery of the money pocket.

I LOVE THE MONEY POCKET. It is ALWAYS unexpected, ALWAYS delightful and there is just this little girl thrill that goes all the way to my toes...the jumping up and down kind (at least inside). I find dollar bills here and there quite often, but I found a $20 in my coat last winter and once I found a $50 dollar bill in my Levi's. It turned out it was my brother's fee for the football pick 'ems that I was supposed to give to our friend Matt, but hey, it was thrilling while it lasted.

WHEW HEW - CHA CHING!!! $15 bucks - Subway here I come!!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Tell the negative committee that meets in your head to sit down and shut up." Kathy Kendall

3 comments:

  1. Hey you're rich now!! We should do lunch one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week is looking tight on time, but I am open most days w/just a bit of notice...just say the word - I would love to see you. HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet find.....I love having cash....it is so rare, feels like a huge luxury and I really like to stretch it out.

    ReplyDelete