Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day #110 - Who's There...?EEEEEK!

I was totally prepared to do snow talk again this evening, except I was in the kitchen doing my Neti Pot thing, preparing to drink my fizzy vitamins for the night, blowing my nose and shaking my ears out when I hear a very light...knock, knock, knock...I pause with the Kleenex half way to my nose, head cocked to one side - did I hear a...? Then again, very lightly...knock, knock, knock. HO, adrenalin RIGHT to my head!

I tip toe over to the fridge and poke my head around it to look toward the garage with, I am sure, what must have been the hugest eyes I could possibly make. All I see is a small florescent light moving back and forth...HOLY CRAP! Someone is in my garage. The door opens and it is our renter downstairs just letting me know my garage door is open and he knew we wouldn't want it that way. "Oh" nervous laugh, "you scared the crap out of me" - Yes, I know, classy as ever...thinking and saying "crap" over and over.

By this time Bart is having an adrenalin rush of his own and bringing the house down, Travis I KNOW is going to come hauling out of the bedroom any minute wishing he had a bat in his hands and so I basically shew our renter out of the garage with a "Wow, Thank You" and shut the door remembering I had left it open, purse and phone in the car, because I thought Trav and I were going back out just after I got home from work. How rude to shew him, now that I think back on it, but I was SOOOO startled.

There are SO MANY things about this experience that boggle my mind...could he have knocked any softer? Then I think, well, what if he banged on the door? Would that really have startled me less? Maybe if he had rang the front door bell - that way I wouldn't have been so freaked out that someone was IN MY GARAGE!!!

Tip toeing? REALLY?? That's the best you can do Heather? Tip toe to the fridge and peak around in a FULLY LIT house out to a totally dark garage in hopes ya MIGHT be able to sneak a peak at your killer? Couldn't have grabbed a pair of scissors, knife or something at least?

Maybe he could have shown the light in his face instead of the slow wave he was doing with it...it felt like taunting. SURE - he could have turned the light around to his face and that shadowed, sinister trick ya do at the campfire to make the ghost stories better would most likely have comforted me!!!

THEN to top it off, Travis really does come high tailing it out of the bedroom yelling "What is going on??!!" As if I can control our ranting dog when both of us (Bart and I, that is) were startled to our finger nails - Sorry to destroy your beauty rest before I come in and snore you awake!!

Needless to say, not much was good about the experience except, well, Bart and I survived it and our renter made sure we were locked up safe for the night. Plus, it was funner to write about this then the snow again.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "We have no difficulty finding leaders. They have people following them." William Gore

1 comment:

  1. Man, nice renter to even notice. Sounds like he was a little scared/nervous himself. Nice write up....those are a lot of fun in the re-telling. Good times I tell ya! Very good times.....you and Bart are quite the team!

    ReplyDelete