Friday, January 28, 2011

Day #119 - Polish

I painted my fingers and my toes tonight w/red polish - most of it got on my nails. My toe nails are so wonky that I almost have to keep something on them to cover them up. The only problem is, I have no patience for the dry time. Just when I think they are good to go I manage to need the restroom and scrunch the pattern of my pants into the polish - I hate that.

I have tried many a remedy to speed up dry time. Once I bought this "super quick dry" spray from Avon, but kept getting over confident and zipped the polish right off on my coat, or nicked it while unloading the dishwasher, etc. Then I tried hairspray, but it didn't keep me from pressing on my nails too soon to test for hardness and touch ups were inevitable. Then there's the blow dryer - I think that might just make it worse. Now I have talked myself into waiting as long as possible and then I run my nails under cold water to see if that speeds it up at all.

The question is - do I ALWAYS hit my nail beds on so many things or just when I am trying NOT to? It is unbelievable. It is like trying not to spill on my shirt - the harder I try NOT to spill the more likely it is the tide stick is coming out.

I do have this thing with buying fingernail polish. I am always tempted to try a new color just to get home and realize I have a very similar shade on hand already. It seems I use one color several times in a row and then store it away, buy something new, and forget all about that amazing red just waiting around for me. I bought this yellow color once...it seemed like a good idea at the time and I can't bring myself to throw it away. Maybe it will work in the summer? The bottom line is, there are so many fun colors to choose from - the sky is the limit - why not try something new?

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." Henry Hodel


Maybe I didn't get most of it on my fingernails!! HA


3 comments:

  1. I like Polish too... I can never wait for them to dry either... I started doing them right after I put the Kiddos to bed but then I fall asleep with them still wet and wake up with bed prints on them... I HATE that!! LOL Have a good weekend! See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any color that is FREE is the best color for ME!! McCauley and I have lots of polish! Sounds like you need to be introduced to my friend Patience. She goes a long way with your wet polish dilemma. Sit down and relax and read a book. Kick your feet up and chill lady. shhhhh..........stay still now. 10 minutes max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way, to the point where I am starting to hate polish!! Buuuut... My friend showed me this cool new stuff that isn't polish at all. I'll have to check it out, try it out, and report back!

    ReplyDelete