Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day #111 - Snow-valanche

I sort of already wrote about the Snow-valanche when I spoke of being in the right place at the right time, but I count this as different because this post is more specific. The problem with the Snow-valanche is when you DON'T get it.

If you are not experiencing Snow-valanche from the roof of your home in Summit Park after back to back super snow storms, you have approximately 4 feet of snow on your roof just sitting there. That is what happened to us when it got so cold after the storms last week and the snow just would not melt. We finally had to get someone to come shovel off our roof (I ain't getting up there on a metal roof).

Travis had suggested we get our nephew Zach to take care of it for us...UHHHHH NO...That would be FANTASTIC to call his parents and let them know we let Zach climb around on our roof and "ooops" he had a tiny accident. Even the professional almost went off with the snow...thank goodness he got caught by the fireplace. Trav did have a good point - even if they did fall off the roof, there is so much snow on the ground there is not much chance of serious injury. Well, unless you land on a railing or tree branch.

Here are some photos of the latest and greatest snow piles. If you will note the top of the 5'fence, and Bart by trees branches that I can walk upright under.


Hard to think of where all that snow is going to end up. At least it is not on my roof.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to picture that those tree branches are not just right where they always are, and that that is not just a small fence in the back. Can't get my mind around it. Not saying I don't believe you....I just can't picture it. I need a side by side shot or something. How much did it cost to get your roof "shoveled"....just curious. I really like the Twain quote....bridle the fear and use it!! That's what I'm talkin about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $205 bucks...not cheap, but cheaper then replacing the roof if it caves in. I resisted as long as I was comfortable, but the other night while blogging I heard a VERY LOUD cracking sound. I was super freaked out. I can't find any damage anywhere, but it was enough to get the job handled. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete