Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day #104 - Ethnic Cooking

Being married to Travis has led me into a life of expanding taste buds. When I got married I was super opposed to anything onions, mushrooms, raw and NOT American or Italian fare. I am sure there are many more items that I "didn't like" mostly because I hadn't ever tried it.

In the last 16 years I have developed a liking for Sushi, Indian Cuisine, Chinese/Asian food beyond cashew chicken and really countless other foods I never liked before.

Last night I actually cooked Indian cuisine in my kitchen - Chicken Korma & Butter Chicken w/Jasmine rice. It took a lot of preparation - chopping onions, mincing garlic and ginger, cutting up chicken into bite size pieces (Thanks Trav) and pulling out and measuring all kinds of spices - an interesting blend of things like clove, cinnamon, garam marsala, cardamon, turmeric, poppy seeds and more.

WOW was it fragrant. The dishes didn't turn out perfect, but they were really quite delicious and I made some notes on what to do differently next time. It's fun to create in the kitchen and take on challenging recipes once in a while.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "Everything has a price. Success has a price, and so does failure. Choose either, but be prepared to pay the price for your choice." Larry Winget

1 comment:

  1. Man you are grovin in the kitchen lately! I want to sample everything! I think it is great that Trav gets in on the cooking/prep action around there. Kev does not tred in the kitchen often....EXCEPT for a few select creations....his oily eggs, hot chocolate, milk and chocolate grahams, and the occasional big breakfast he makes w/ bacon, eggs and biscuits. He does barbecue the meat a few times a month as well...gotta give him props for that.

    ReplyDelete