Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day #48 - Fun Dip Friend

Yesterday I was talking with my co-worker and friend Kaylee about Halloween candy, which segued into other candy discussion, not an unusual segue for us. I asked if she ever ate those candy sticks that you lick and dip into flavored sugar. I used to love those things. She did indeed know what I was talking about and had an acceptable level of appreciation for the candy.

I arrived at work today and what was sitting on my desk but a whole box of "Fun Dips". There were two flavors in the box "Razz Apple Magic Dip" & "Cherry Yum Diddly Dip". Obviously I knew who had left the treat for me and I thought it was super sweet of her to go to the expense and trouble to bring me back my childhood treat. She told me she had walked into the store and they were just sitting there - how could she resist.

I left the package on my desk all day and everyone seemed to notice them. My Boss in particular was interested in the package. He made a good point when he asked why there was always only 2 sticks in the package, but 3 flavors to dip the stick in? He said that always bothered him. I think it was Kaylee that told me she always liked the candy stick better then the dip and would usually find another use for the sugared dip. Almost everyone that stopped by my desk today had a comment or memory to make about that particular treat. I actually took pictures, but did not have my memory card in and do not have the cable handy...will attach tomorrow.

Kaylee also gave me a new treat to put out at fall parties - just dump peanuts and candy corns into a bowl and serve as a treat. When eaten together they taste just like the Payday candy bar. Thanks Kay!

I Am Grateful,
HB

Gift #6 - I made a concerted effort today to make eye contact with the people I met in the elevator and say "Hello" etc. A few people were actually pretty funny. I also went to the store at lunch today and stood behind a woman in the express lane that was taking FOREVER to check out. Then the girl had my stuff all rang up and was waiting for me to pay before the woman moved far enough out of the way for me to swipe my card. I felt myself growing impatient and took a deep breath and reminded myself "life is about relationships" and made eye contact and said "hello" as I walked past her on my way out. Eye contact is a pretty powerful tool. It is also interesting how often I choose NOT to make eye contact with people...probably a post for another day.

5 comments:

  1. Hey miss smarty pants. I had never heard the word segue before. I had to look it up and and even listen to the pronunciation. Thanks for teaching me a new word. Now I can sound smart. :) BTW my kids love fun dips too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! That candy corn/peanut concoction sounds fabulous! It is almost 10:00.....I need to get myself straight to bed. We have some of those dippers in the cupboard as I type. I used to love them also.....I think the reason it was always one of my favorit treats is that it takes FOREVER to eat. Everything else is gone in a flash. But with the dipper stix and the three kinds of sugar.....it really is an event that takes some time. Sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori - I knew the word, but heck if I could figure out how to spell it!!! It took me like 10 minutes to find it!!! I think I was stuck on Sequay...HA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also must admit I had not even the slightest how to spell segue.. Thanks hug!

    Fun dips.. OOOOO YA buddy! I always loved the sticks more than the dip. I would last only a few min on the dipping then go for the kill on the stick.

    I love your eye contact comments, and your gift today. I will refer more to that in my post. It really is so powerful!! Thank you hug for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome... For the much desired phone call from JC that interrupted your meeting! Seriously so funny he did that, but at the same time so silly!

    I just love awkward elevator rides. Sometimes it is SO weird! But I always try to say, "Have a nice day!" to the people getting off or if they are still in there when I get off. That is, if I am not so wrapped up in texting. LOL

    ReplyDelete