Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day #44 - The Bra Pocket

Have you ever needed JUST ONE MORE POCKET?  

I have a pretty lame habit of using my bra as a pocket; mostly for my phone when I am sitting around in my PJ's because I have no pockets in my pants. Some of my work slacks do not have pockets either, so I will sometime slide my phone the bra pocket so I won't leave it somewhere. I also stick my ipod or the hand held CD player in there when I go to the gym or clean my house. It looks funny, but it is effective.

Last night we went to Trav's cousin's wedding celebration. They eloped to Vegas a few weeks ago and planned a few family/friend events to celebrate. We missed the family one last week due to our trip so went to the friend event last night and got home pretty late (hence the morning post).

I had insisted on bringing my camera along and got sick of hauling my purse around all night, so Trav offered to take it out to the car. I pulled all the necessity's out of it...small wallet, phone, lip gloss and...."hey, where's the camera"? Queue Trav and me asking around, pulling everything out of my purse 3 times, looking everywhere for my small camera. We finally decided we would have to accept the fact that it was gone. Luckily I had downloaded all my photos to my computer (thank you Blog) and so the only loss was the camera itself.

I went to the bathroom and was washing my hands and..."hey, what is that bump in my sweater?" Sure enough, there it was, safely tucked away in the bra pocket. I just looked at myself in the mirror and shook my head, then went out and asked Travis if he noticed anything weird about my outfit?? Duh...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Gift #3 - Gave gift certificate to the bride and groom - cute couple.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you stand it. Doesn't every thing get all sweaty? Every so often when I am listening to a playaway or something while I clean I will stash it in your so called "bra pocket", but if i get moving much at all....like mopping or other physical cleaning....well, you know.

    I guess it is cool that you are so used to it that you can't even feel it at this point. There used to be a lady in our ward that had Skeeters (I think that is what they are called). She kept them in her bra...they are like little mini monkeys....at least that is what they looked like to me. They were as happy as could be in there. It was a surprise the fist time I saw her pull them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I responded to this last night...must not have stuck...

    It is gross when it gets moist, but it is also more practical then holding the thing in my hand or having it bounce around on the consol or in a pocket. I just clean it off and try to keep excess sweat from dripping down my neck - somtimes impossible with the Dana sweat gene.

    HB

    ReplyDelete