Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day #47 - Sensodyne

My poor teeth are soooooo sensitive. I HAVE to be grateful for sensitive teeth toothpaste. I worked for a dentist for just under 1 year after I got married. One of the perks was FREE DENTAL WORK. Sweet...little did I know at the time I had 14 cavities waiting to be filled. I also got to learn how to make bleaching trays (queue "free trial" for me), crown impressions and basically assisted as needed for any eventuality.

The best procedure, at least MY favorite to assist with, was to do the impressions necessary for a crown. The WORST was assisting with the pulling of teeth without putting the person completely out and root canals. I hated those. The first day I worked there my friend Jade and I assisted with pulling a full mouth of teeth for a guy that was only in his mid-thirties. I thought Jade was going to faint. I was lucky enough to mostly answer phones during the procedure.

Ever since I bleached my teeth the first time, I have had difficulty with cold drinks or food and I feel my teeth are not that white anyway. I was just thinking tonight that I am almost out of the magic toothpaste that helps protect my teeth from all those temperatures out there...better get on that.

I Am Grateful.,
HB

Gift #5 - I changed over the wash for my Nephew's roommate tonight. I hate changing wash into the dryer because the doors open funny and it is difficult to do without dropping wet clothes all over the floor in the process. I am sure it is a simple thing to change the direction of the doors (a few screws here and there), but I have not gotten around to it...should get on that as well.

3 comments:

  1. Que - inexpensive whitening for me as well. Wish that whitening lasted a life time! I have slightly sensitive teeth also, but not enough to bother me to use the special toothpaste. However, my gums are receding like mad....Kevs to....better to have a receding gum line than hairline if you ask me....so I am very grateful for that. It is brought up at every six month visit that I may want to consider having those brought back down. Sounds a little painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agh bageeeeezzz! speaking of teeth, I was in to see Dr. Dizzy Drake today. Last week I pulled out half of my filling w/piece of gum. That was not so cool however, it prompted me to call and make an emergency appt. and then today I scheduled appts for golden and I's cleaning/check up....

    I also have extremely sensitive teeth! I feel it stems from the whitening of my teeth when I was 16. I got crazy w/it. I remember when my teeth were glowing they were so white! They were whiter than any white tee shirt I had. I feel they stayed pretty white over the yrs. Although I would love to do it again (seeing as I drink many a cups of coffee a day) So about a yr ago I got some white stripes at the market.... HOLY MOTHER OF PETE!!!! One half hr later my teeth were back to the slightest air scrimping through my tightly pierced lips, and I was jolted out of my skin!! NO THANKS! I'll stick w/my stained teeth, and even though all the Dentists have told me it doesn't matter.... I never had cavities before I whitened my teeth. Just saying....... SUSPICIOUS

    SO yes, might I say, my teeth are BLASTING KILLING ME AT THIS VERY MOMENT! DR. Drake did a little scraping on the opposite side where he was working to inspect the situation I was pointing out to him. I really feel like whatever he scraped off opened up a whole can of worms. It's painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN - Rough story Bear - Your teeth are still very white. That is my biggest fear - re-whitening and having more sensation issues. It is aweful when you cannot even open your mouth to breath. I hope it gets to feeling better.

    M: How do they fix receding gums?? I have no idea how they can "bring them down"...

    ReplyDelete