Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day #31 - The Sit Down

I'm all for being productive, but I am also a big fan of the sit down afterward. The best part of today, well besides going to celebrate my sister Amy's 35th Birthday on 10/10/10, was sitting down after a long day of cooking and finishing the projects I didn't finish yesterday. I didn't even care that football was on. It was like my whole body sighed, especially my feet.

It felt like all I did this weekend was cook and clean up after the cooking, but I am happy to report we didn't eat out once this weekend...Pretty amazing for us. I also made Banana Bread, which I have not made for years. It was either convert the brown bananas to bread or chuck them and I am trying not to be wasteful (a queue from Melissa). I forgot how good it smells.

I also vacuumed and am happy to report the Purple Disappointment finally works. It turns out the setting was between "Carpet" and "Bare Floors" and so the rollers were not spinning. It is irritating and rewarding at the same time when the trouble turns out to be something so simple.

After all the work is done and I get to sit on my comfy chair and veg or read...It just feels so good.

I Am Grateful,
HB

I guess if you have kids it may make an "after it's all done" sit down impossible...?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that you and Amy were only 19 months apart. How cool to have your birthday today. I was pretty excited that Cale was born on 8-9-10. With kids there really never is an "after it's all done" sit down, but there is a "it's the end of the day and I am done" sit down. :) At least that's how it is at my house, maybe others can get it all done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that feeling....mostly it is "after it's all done"....lay down. I just want to close my eyes and sleep. Give me 15 minutes. Kevin likes a good solid two hours min. The very best is when you get past a hurdle that is weighing on your mind. I have a hurdle like that I am anxious to have completed this Thursday....tell you about it later. Great about your vacuum.....big relief. Nice job on the Bbread. Way to not waste. I'm proud of you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like I expected...Kids and the sit-down thing don't necessarily jive...bummer.

    If I nap, I do it right...2 hour minimum!! But I hardly ever nap, it feels like a waste of time - I wish the 15 minute thing worked on me.

    ReplyDelete