Friday, October 22, 2010

Day #43 - Tired Time

Some days I know there is nothing that will feel better then my BED. The Bed at our hotel in MN was nice and comfortable (I didn't even take a photo of my room - duh), but the thing I looked forward to most about being home (besides seeing the pets, etc.) was knowing I would be back in my very own bed.

We have a king size bed and it is perfect for the 4 of us...that's right Travis, Me, Echo (the cat) and Bart (the dog). We all have our little night time rituals. Travis likes to go up first and fall asleep to the TV, Bart will wonder in and Trav usually gets up to help him up on the bed since he hurt his leg again recently, then Bart will sleep on my side of the bed and warm it up for me. When I come in I roll Bart out of the way and move the cat off my pillow, who always protests loudly, and then climbs right back on me even before I get settled in.

I like to sleep on my back, but unfortunately that only invites rough wake up shakes and loud "turn over"s. I wonder why? :) Trav "NEVER" snores...hmph...right. Still, I start on my back and send some thanks on upstairs or recite some positive affirmations or think over an issue I need resolved or a success I had that day. Once I start to nod off and feel myself take the first...um...deep breath...I flip to my side. The cat protests loudy, of course, and gets right back on up there.

Now that I line itemed my sleep rituals they sound really lame, but they are mine and I LOVE THEM. My bed has an impression in it for Travis and one for me - it is ours...

I Am Grateful,
HB

Gift #2 -
We invited our nephew up for dinner tonight. Eggs and waffles with bacon pieces cooked inside them. Simple fare, but we were able to find out what was going on in his life, share some concerns we have with him and let him know we care about him. I hope he knows.

UPDATE on Nurse Intern with broken down car in post Day #41...I saw her again today. She jumped out at a car in front of me when I was on my regular route home. She moved away before I got to her, but it was...weird. Would you still give her money even though now you know ABSOLUTELY she was telling a whopper? I knew that day as well, so I am not sure anything has changed. She was wearing the same clothes...it was identical to the other day...What do you think about that? I'm baffled by the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. Man, that is weird and a bummer about the lady. (will have to come back to that later)

    When you say the cat gets up there.....above your pillow? Where is there? Sounds a bit crowded if you ask me....but like you said, it is yours and you love it! I also LOVE bed time. Taking the stacks of pillows off in two large organized chunks so I can put them on easily in the morn. Puffing up the two sleeping pillows, and climbing on it. One of my favorite times of day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that you will check this after so long, but the cat starts on my pillow until I move her then climbs onto my chest until I turn over and then spends most of the night on my hip. I wasn't very clear about that, was I? HB

    ReplyDelete