Monday, October 25, 2010

Day #46 - 'Flames...Flaming Heat...on the Side of my Face..."

Today's title is for all those "Clue" movie fans...funny show and one of my favorite board games...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IkddsjtAA

I LOVE MY FIREPLACE...for all the headaches this house has had in the last year, one of the best parts of living in this house is the cozy fireplace. It really warms the place up and is so friendly and cozy. I have always enjoyed a good fire, whether camping or sitting at home.

Every night during the cold winter months when I take Bart out the smell of fire places crackling takes the chill right out of the air (except when it is SUPER cold, of course). This past summer we saw many people stacking and cutting wood, preparing for the Winter.

Just the idea of sitting in front of a fire is romantic. I have seen those "fake" fireplaces at Lowe's and Home Depot and I have a friend that has one in her house...I have considered buying one for our bedroom. Today I am more then happy with the one fireplace I have, someday...well, we will have to see...

I Am Grateful,
HB

My Fireplace with the only Halloween decorations I have.
Sometimes Trav will send me a picture of the fireplace and invite me to come home from work...
It is always a great draw and makes me REALLY want to be home. 


Gift #5 - I have written a letter to send to my various family members to challenge them to do the 29 Day Giving Challenge...Hopefully they will all take me up on it and we can share our experiences when we get together on Thanksgiving. By the time they get the letters it will be around 29 Days exactly until Thanksgiving Day...The letter is basically just my blog the first Day I decided to start this.

ALSO - I want to share what my co-worker (and only other follower except my sister) told me today. She had an opportunity to assist a man jump his car battery this morning. Normally she said she would most likely not stop because she was a little nervous about it and in a hurry, but she thought of the lady in the parking lot of our building and decided to take a chance. She took a little extra time, time she probably didn't have to spare, did someone a favor and most likely REALLY impacted that person's day for good. I know she impacted my day by sharing her story and helping me remember to be mindful. Thanks Carrie. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Carrie.
    Hug, you have definitely got us thinking.....thanks.
    Major jealous or your sweet log flames. One day......one day....
    I have not seen Clue.....I think it was on in the back ground at one point when we were playing games once at Jas/Mel's...but didn't get much out of it. I need to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa are you adopted??!!!! I think that movie was on constant repeat at our house growing up. That is by far my most very favorite part of clue! It is a classic for sure! It was one of the first days golden and I had been hanging out, and I was quoting that.. Flames. On the side of my face.... LOLOLOLOL!!!! I made him watch the movie w/me to get the real feel of it all.

    I got your letter last night hug, and I started my gifts today. Oct. 29, 2010 I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm a follower! I just don't show up on your follower list because I use Google Reader! :]

    ReplyDelete