Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day #266 - Expression

This past weekend my sister Keri stopped by our house quickly to pick up something. When she and Golden pulled into the drive-way we were out porch sitting, waiting for them. She got out of the car on the phone and stepped around the corner of the house to have a quiet conversation. Golden told us she was talking to the Landlord of a house they REALLY wanted to rent and they were talking it over.

This is a darling rambler w/3 bedrooms, a fenced backyard and tons of curb appeal. They have been living in an apartment building on the 4th floor, cramped and inconvenient to come and go. This house would cost about the same amount of money and be much more family friendly. The only problem is there are NO PETS allowed and they have 2 cats and a dog. My brilliant sister wrote a 3 page letter explaining why that home would be so perfect for them...Golden condensed it to 1 page. They were on pins and needles waiting to hear.

My Mom called last night and I was reminded of Keri's face when she came back around the front of the house. It can only be explained as radiant, sun washed w/shiny eyes and a bright white smile. All I needed to say was, "You got it". Accompanied by a big hug of course.

There are so many forms of expression and my family is blessed big with one of them...facial. It always bothers me to see myself on video - too many strange movements in the face, even during normal conversation. I have a hard time hiding any kind of emotion - it is all there for anyone to see. After seeing Keri, though, I thought it can't be that bad to be able to share that kind of joy just by being who you are.

In the end, the landlords couldn't resist that presence either - they caved and are trusting their home to my sister and her family. It was hard for them to give in to the pets. The landlady told Mom, almost in tears, that they couldn't get Keri and Golden out of their minds and they kept popping up even though there were other better fit candidates to consider. I love this and just shake my head - who can resist Keri? They won't regret it.

I Am Grateful,
HB

Diva Quote: "A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is at home" 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How wonderful. I am crying my eyes out with joy. Man, I will have to get a hold of her and congratulate them. What a super turn out. Love those land lords....can't believe they have already been talking with mom and dad. This has the Lords workings rubbed all over it. Makes me want to go and do the "WE GOT ANNIE!!!" dance routine.....do you know the one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "WE GOT ANNIE??!!" "WE GOT ANNIE!!" Of course I know it..."It's a hard knox life, for us, instead of treated, we get beat"...ah well "I love ya, tomorrow"...I loved that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of MacT's favorites as well perhaps??

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not really. They saw it and were kinda creeped out just once. We did take the kids to a live performance of Annie last year though. Very good, but not the same at all...it did not even have the best song in it!

    ReplyDelete